Still playing a bit of catch up today and yesterday with JoeCon intel as I was on the road for a lot of the excitement, then ended up at work until after midnight with a Firewall/Switch issue. When it rains, it pours…
Anyway, a spontaneous Hasbro round table was held yesterday in conjunction with the Rise of COBRA panel, and they showcased a lot of images of upcoming 2010 exclusive items, mostly available at Toys “R” Us and Target stores. They also talked about some “zipcord” figure/vehicle sets intended for the kids’ market, but those vehicles will come with fully functional Pursuit of COBRA action figures in them. They are listed as follows:
Rip Attack Zipcord Vehicles
- JetStorm Cycle w/ Snake Eyes
- Tiger Snake w/ Street-Viper
- RAM w/ Sandstorm (the Joe that Zartan kills and disguises himself as!)
- Trouble Bubble w/ Elite-Viper
- Glider w/ Ace
- Twin Battle Gun w/ Range-Viper (a darker colored Range-Viper from the 7-Pack? SOLD!)
Toys “R” Us Exclusives
- Single Pack Doc (Arctic Threat)
- Single Pack Shipwreck (Arctic Threat)
- Sting Raider w/ Copperhead and Swamp-Viper (Swamp-Viper is an AVAC in green)
And in perhaps, some of the best news of the panel, Hasbro revealed they are retooling the Sigma 6 2.5″ Iron Hammer mechs to fit the full sized figures! Hell yeah!
Images are mirrored below, courtesy of JoeBattleLines.com.
no images were found
The panel also discussed Shadow Tracker, who is a COBRA tracker who refuses to use guns, and only uses melee weapons. He was conceived of to work with Jungle-Vipers, who are all macked out on nanomites, and use advanced technology to pin down their targets, then Shadow Tracker goes in to finish them off. A very cool team, and an absolutely bad ass looking figure.
The Collectors’ Club panel has just ended, and Fred from JBL has posted the pictures online already! Check them out here, or mirrored below.
no images were found
My Rise of COBRA SuperPages seemed to be pretty popular, so I’ve already kicked off the Pursuit of COBRA SuperPage, but it’s still in the very early stages.
Check it out here and please let me know if you have any additions or questions.
The JBL folks are on the case at the GIJCC roundtable with some information about Club offerings for 2009 and 2010!
- 2010 Club Incentive Membership figure is… BIG LOB. Quick, someone cancel my membership! :shifty:
- Lots of O-Ring tooling has been destroyed. 🙁
- Adventure Team vs. Dr. Venom set is STILL COMING! Anniversary construction
- Adventure Team FANG coming in the set.
- Mutant Flytrap for Dr. Venom
- Spy Troops Battle Blitz recolored as Adventure Team vehicle
- If sales warrant it, MANTIS sub for final Adventure Team vehicle
- COBRA “MANTA” Squad is potentially coming, o-ring tooling. 4-figures divided into 2 sets, but no real other details
That’s it for the moment…pictures to come soon, hopefully.
Another busy household day today, so coverage is a bit late, but I’ll be making up for it tonight, hopefully… 😉 For now, just wanted to report that JoeBattleLines has posted some more VERY nice images from the Hasbro display floor. These new images include:
- COBRA Commander (Mail Away)
- Duke (in Training Gear from the Rise of COBRA)
- Shadow Tracker (new COBRA Native American jungle expert and tracker…BTW, he’s made from 100% pure kickass.)
- Snow Job (or mainly his weapons)
- Storm Shadow (Jungle Assault)
- Zartan (Desert Battle)
I’ll be collecting a bunch more information from the Hasbro round table today and getting something comprehensive up, probably late tonight. Another late night!
no images were found
With more thanks than I can fit into a single post, MadMac41, Fred, Gary, and the guys at JBL have worked tirelessly today to keep me in the loop, deal with my harassing phone calls, and even put me on speaker phone so I could listen in on the Hasbro 2010 panel. A better group of guys isn’t out there on the web today. Of course, the guys at The Terror Drome are giving them a run for their money with their awesome “Cover it Love” coverage of all of the roundtables, and hundreds of awesome images that they’ve posted throughout the day as well. For this post, I’ve utilized images from both of those mentioned sources, with permission.
This is the first year since 2002 that I haven’t made the trip to the Con, and while nothing can possibly take the place of hitting the bar with my buddies after a day filled with Joe goodies, at least this time around I can live vicariously through the great pictures and information gathered by fans onsite who give up their valuable time to keep the rest of us informed. Check out all the gory details after the “jump”.