Wow…this is a very cool, very in depth, very long video interview that Collider was able to do with G.I. Joe: The Rise of COBRA director Stephen Sommers. The full article is here, but I am also embedding the video below. A brief wrap up also, so click the “Read the Rest of the Story” link to check out the full article.
- Says he literally just finished the film. Talks about where he’s been
- I ask what has the process of making G.I. Joe been like with all the less than positive online buzz.
- Compares how the first Transformers was attacked to what happened on G.I. Joe
- Talks about how he had final cut
- We talk about how easy it is to follow the action in G.I. Joe
- Talks about his history with movies and how he developed his style
- What’s the one scene he thinks worked out perfectly and the one area that maybe didn’t work out perfectly
- We talk about how the film is non-stop action. I ask how he made it happen with the budget
- What’s going to be on the DVD/Blu-ray – says there is a scene with Rachel Nichols that will be on it
- How is Tarzan progressing
- G.I. Joe sequel talk – even after all the stuff that has happened, would he want to do the sequel. Says he would *love* to make another Joe.
- 11:40 Spoiler Alert. Do not watch from this point on till you see the movie. Concerns ending. We warn you during the video to stop watching.
- Stephen talks about future G.I. Joe movies. Again, DO NOT watch this part till you have seen the movie
- Talks about other Joe characters he’s like to use in the future