I’ve been promoting the Blu-Ray release of G.I. Joe: The Movie pretty heavily, just because I think it’ll be awesome to see some Sunbow action in high def. But now Shout! Factory has given another reason to get excited about it. They’re launching a fantastic contest where some enterprising Joe fan will get the chance to design and produce the trailer for the upcoming Blu-Ray release of G.I. Joe: The Movie!
Announced on ShoutFactory.com, the idea is that fans (or anyone, really) can submit their own trailer for G.I. Joe: The Movie, and the winning entry will be the actual, official trailer for the film. Very cool contest. I’ve messed around with trailer making before, but I’m not sure I’ll have time to do something like this. Who knows, though.
You can click the previous link for a rundown of all the rules, or simply click the “Read the rest of this entry” link, and I’ll mirror the rules right there.
“G.I. JOE: The Movie TRAILER CONTEST
In the hands of G.I. Joe, the Broadcast Energy Transmitter is a device capable of fulfilling all of Earth’s energy needs. However, in the hands of Cobra and the newly revealed Cobra-La, led by the ancient and otherworldly Golobulus the B.E.T. could spell the end of human civilization.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE TRAILER TO THIS HOME VIDEO RELEASE IS IN YOUR HANDS?
Shout! Factory is inviting all G.I. Joe fans to try their hand in making a trailer for this Blu-ray + DVD release. Here is how it works:
- Entries accepted 5/26 – 8/16/10. One entry per person only. Submission should be made in the form of a low-resolution Quicktime (.mov) file. It should be uploaded to a file sharing service (YouSendIt, MediaShare, etc.) with the link emailed to YoJoe@ShoutFactory.com. If selected, we will request a high-resolution version.
- Entries can only be received via email and must include entrant’s name, email, phone # and address in the body of the email.
- Open to contestants 18 years and older who reside in the U.S or Canada.
- Grand prize is the bragging rights to being the creative mastermind behind the ‘Official GI Joe: The Movie on Blu-ray & DVD’ trailer. The winning trailer will be used online and on future Shout Factory DVD releases to promote the title in perpetuity. Winner understands this and must sign the appropriate release.
- Three runners-up (and the grand prize winner) will receive one each of the complete G.I. Joe A Real American Hero series in the special edition Footlocker.
- Winners will be notified by Aug. 31, 2010. Shout’s decision on winning entries is final.
- Trailer length must not exceed 3 minutes.
- Be smart… do not include copyrighted material that is not from this movie. Do not use music that you did not create. Anyone who appears on camera or who creates anything that appears on camera should be over 18 and if not, you are responsible for obtaining a release from the parent of any minor.
- There are a few elements that should be included in your trailer:
- Box art in some form that is recognizable.
- Copy that the title is available as a DVD or as a BluRay + DVD combination.
- Special features include audio commentary with Buzz Dixon, public service announcements, an art gallery and a printable screenplay.
- Shout Factory logo and ShoutFactory.com URL.
- Hasbro copyright line: HASBRO and its logo, G.I. JOE and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. © 2010 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
- You may include your name and desired credit on the trailer.
- Contestants realize that by submitting an official entry that they release Shout Factory, GI JOE, Hasbro and everyone else from responsibility for any damages, expenses, or harm they might incur while creating or submitting trailer.”