Anyone who has been around G.I. Joe customizing for any length of time should be well aware of the skills of Chad Smelcer, AKA chad_ghost, most notably of JoeCustoms.com. Along with posting some stuff on JoeCustoms, though, he also hosts his own page with a full gallery of all the fantastic customs he’s produced over his already long and illustreous “career”. He primary works with the o-ring format, but a customizer of his ability doesn’t have many shortcomings.
Chad is currently holding a raffle, hoping to earn some money for a trip back to Niger, and the prize for this raffle is a one-of-a-kind custom figure made just for the winner. The full details are here:
“This June 1st – 14th, I am returning to Niger, West Africa.
To help support my trip, I am offering up the chance to win a customized 3 ¾” GI Joe figure.
Here are the rules to enter the raffle:
- – Each raffle ticket is $10.
– The drawing will be held May 28th, 10 PM EST via webcam feed.
– You may buy as many tickets as you want.
– Three raffle tickets will be chosen.
– Buy more to increase your chances of winning.
There are a few limitations on the custom figure:
- – The figure will not be a remake of any custom.
– Parts can be from any era of 3 ¾” figures.
– Winner will not be required to donate parts, though this may limit the custom.
– Only limited modifying/sculpting will be done.
Tickets can be purchased using Paypal at this address: chad(at)smelcer(dot)net
Each ticket will be confirmed via pm or email with your raffle ticket number. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact me.
If you would like more information or questions about the raffle, please post here.
For more information about my trip to West Africa, please use the following link: http://www.army4one.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1416
To give you just a small sample of Chad’s skills, here’s a gallery of only a sampling of his amazing custom work. Check out his site to see the full range of figures that he’s done over the years. Not only are you getting the chance to potentially receive an awesome custom figure, but you’re helping out a great cause as well.
no images were found